At Vandemoortele we think that sustainability is a journey during which we have to take care about the products we deliver, all the people involved in our processes and our Planet.
Our commitment for the future is defined by four areas and in each of them we have achieved great success during the past 5 years.
- Our own brands now use 100% certified sustainable palm oil and soy
- We use 100% barn eggs in our product and even 100% free range eggs in our sauces
- In 2020 we have reached 100% renewable electricity
- We believe in circular packaging and we joined the new plastics economy global commitment
- 99% of all paper and cardboard packaging materials are recycled or certified sustainable
Commitment to people:
- We scored more than 1000 days without several accident at work during 2020
- We have launched a learning management system with a clear focus on the development of our associates
Products you can trust:
- We improved food safety by reducing foreign body complaints by 20%
- We developed 4 position papers on sugar, saturated fats, trans fat and clean label
But this is not the end. Sustainability is an ongoing process, and we will keep working together to improve even more.
Soon we will share with you our new sustainability strategy 2025, so stay tuned!