Privacy statement B2B direct marketing
Privacy statement for B2B customers and prospective customers – VANDEMOORTELE NV – Belgium
We care about your privacy.
All personal data that we obtain while interacting with you as a (prospective) customer are collected, stored and processed in compliance with the applicable legislation with respect to data protection, and in particular with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (hereafter referred to as "GDPR").
In this privacy statement, we explain how and why we collect your personal data, how we process and protect these data and how long we keep these for.
In accordance with the GDPR, you also have certain rights.
- Identity and contact information
The controller for your personal data is the following legal entity:
Moutstraat 64, 9000 Gent
If you have any questions about the way your personal data are processed, you can contact us by email to email@example.com or by a letter to the aforementioned address (for the attention of Data Privacy).
We collect and process your personal data for direct marketing and customer relation management in order to get better customer insights, to improve the knowledge about our customers and potential customers/contacts , as well as to offer you our products and services.
We also want to inform you about our activities, products, recipes, promotions, contests and other useful information, by means of direct marketing (i.e. newsletters, brochures, magazines, personalized advertising, and other marketing materials
- Legal basis (lawful ground) for processing
We collect , process and store all personal data that are necessary to conclude and carry out agreements with respect to our products and services.
There may (also) be a legal obligation (e.g. tax or accounting legislation) or a justified lawful ground based on which we have to process your personal data (i.e. contract performance or pursuit of legitimate interests, etc.) .
When you complete an online contact form through our website www.vandemoortele.com, we ask you for your explicit consent for the collection, processing and use of your personal data for the forwarding of B2B direct mailings and other direct marketing communication. By ticking the empty tick box at the bottom of the online form, you consent that we collect, store and process your personal data for direct marketing and customer relation management:
□ YES I would like to receive information about the activities, products, recipes, promotions, contests and other useful information from VANDEMOORTELE NV in the form of newsletters, brochures, magazines and other marketing materials (+ link privacy statement).
You have the right to withdraw/unsubscribe your consent at any time (see point 9 below).
- Categories of personal data
For purposes such as the ones listed above, we collect and process the following personal data:
- Identifying data (name, email address, address);
- Personal characteristics (date of birth)
- Professional data (employer, job);
We do not collect sensitive data (i.e. data that show race or ethnic origin, political views, religious or ideological views, or membership to a union, genetic data, biometric data or data about health or sexual behaviour or sexual orientation). You are therefore asked not to provide us with these types of data. If sensitive data are provided anyway, you expressly agree that these data will be processed by us in accordance with the provisions of this Privacy Statement.
- Source of personal data
We collect and process personal data to provide to us through one or more of the following channels:
- Online (via registration on www.vandemoortele.com or any other Vandemoortele websites);
- Via cookies and other tracing technologies;
- In the context of direct interaction with our enterprise by telephone, SMS or email;
- Through participation in our contests and surveys;
- By filling out a contact form or via scanning visitor badges (QR Code) on fairs;
- By giving business cards or mobile phone contacts to our staff members;
- By logging into the Vandemoortele websites;
- By performing payments;
- Recipients of personal data
For the purposes listed above, your personal data may be shared with and possibly processed by third parties such as:
- Cloud computing service providers (Saas applications), IT service providers, logistical services providers, marketing agencies, communication agencies, hosting providers, shared service providers, etc.
The employees, managers and/or representatives of the aforementioned service providers or institutes and the specialised service providers listed by them, have to respect the confidential nature of these data and may only use these data in line with the instructions of the enterprise.
We may also share your personal data with enterprises belonging to the group Vandemoortele that are affiliated to us (inter-company) , for legitimate business purposes (such as for example processing orders, generating invoices, organising transportation, handling complaints, ...).
- Transfer of personal data
Your personal data will not be transferred to member states outside of the EEA without appropriate safeguards.
- Storage period
We will store your personal data up to 10 years after the last purchase / the last contract with our enterprise, plus a verification period of 6 months, unless they need to be stored longer based on some legal obligation or a justified interest for our enterprise.
You have the right to contact the enterprise at any time to request:
- To access to or to rectify of your personal data;
- To erase your personal data;
- To restrict or to objecting to the processing of your personal data;
- To withdraw or to unsubscribe your consent, particularly for using your data for sending direct marketing;
- To receive your personal data and to transfer these on to another controller ("right to portability");
- To initiate a complaint procedure with us, if you feel that we have not acted in accordance with the legislation on data protection. You can also file a complaint with the competent national supervising authority.
The above rights may be applicable in certain circumstances and may be subject to certain conditions, exemptions or exceptions as set out in the applicable data protection legislation.
You can request to access, view and, if necessary, correct the data we collect by contacting us either via an e-mail to the following e-mail address: “firstname.lastname@example.org” or by sending us a signed and dated letter to the following postal address: Vandemoortele NV, Moutstraat 64, 9000 Gent, Belgium (BE).
You have the right to withdraw / unsubscribe your consent for the receipt of direct marketing material at any time via the option to unsubscribe ("opt-out") we provide at the bottom of our mailings or by sending a request by e-mail to the following e-mail address: “email@example.com” or by sending us a signed and dated letter to the following postal address: Vandemoortele NV, Moutstraat 64, 9000 Gent, Belgium (BE).
All other questions, concerns or complaints about the way your personal data are used by us, can be send to us by e-mail or by regular post using the contact details below, together with a copy of your identity ID card (in order to allow us to verify the identity of the requestor):
- By e-mail address: “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- By sending us a signed and dated letter to the following postal address: Vandemoortele NV, Moutstraat 64, 9000 Gent, Belgium (BE).
- Automated decision-making (profiling)
Automated decision-making is defined as decisions about individuals which are strictly based on automated data processing and which might have legal consequences or which might significantly affect the persons involved.
The enterprise makes in principle no use of automated decision-making as described above.
- Security - Confidentiality
We use different security technology and procedures to safeguard the privacy and the confidentiality of your personal data and to protect these against unauthorised access, incorrect use, illegal or unintended destruction and loss. Only Vandemoortele NV and the staff involved in the purposes for which your data are collected have access to these data. These staff members are contractually bound respect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal data.
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time, within the limitations imposed by the applicable regulations with respect to privacy and data protection.
- Applicable law and competent court
The Privacy Statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Belgium. The competent court of Gent has the exclusive competence to hear all disputes arising from this Privacy Statement and that cannot be solved amicably.
Drawn up in Gent, Belgium (BE).
on 1st May 2018
© VANDEMOORTELE NV– 2018 - All rights reserved – B2B Privacy Statement