We are pleased to share our new 'Sustainable palm oil progress report 2018'. This publication summarises the progress we made in 2018 towards compliance with our charter and formulates our ambitions for 2019 and beyond.
We made significant progress in 2018:
- We reached 98,5% traceability to mill level for all the palm oil we bought.
- We published online traceability lists of the mill in our palm oil supply chains.
- 100% of our purchased palm oil volumes are covered by suppliers committed to a NDPE (no deforestation, no peat, no exploitation) policy.
- We continued to engage with our suppliers and Earthworm Foundation to work towards transformation in the supply chain.
- We contribute to the transformation on the ground by co-financing the landscape APT programme in Indonesia
Our outlook for 2019:
- We will continue to work towards achieving 100% traceability back to mill.
- We will continue to contribute to the transformation on the ground by co-financing the landscape APT programme in Indonesia
By 2020 we aim to fully comply with the criteria of no deforestation and no exploitation palm oil.