We are pleased to share our new 'Sustainable palm oil progress report 2017'. This publication summarises the progress we made in 2017 towards compliance with our charter and formulates our ambitions for 2018 and beyond.
We made significant progress in 2017:
- We reached 98,5% traceability to mill level for all the palm oil we bought.
- Almost 100% of our purchased palm oil volumes are covered by suppliers committed to a NDPE (no deforestation, no peat, no exploitation) policy.
- We continued to engage with our suppliers and tft (the forest trust) to work towards transformation in the supply chain.
- We became a founding member of the Fundación Española del Aceite de Palma Sostenible.
Our outlook for 2018:
- We will continue to work towards achieving 100% traceability back to mill.
- We will contribute to transformation on the ground by co-financing local transformation projects in Indonesia or Malaysia.
By 2020 we aim to fully comply with the criteria of no deforestation and no exploitation palm oil.
Shaping a tasty future responsibly.